Jinger Duggar and more relatives speak out after ‘Counting On’ cancellation
Josh Duggar’s child porn trial likely to be pushed back
Anna Duggar ‘standing by’ Josh in child porn case, believes he is innocent
Josh Duggar’s sister reveals heartbreak over bro’s kiddie porn charges
Insider reveals why Josh Duggar’s wife should have left him long ago
Jinger Duggar and her husband, Jeremy Vuolo, said they “wholeheartedly agree” with TLC’s decision to cancel her family’s reality show as her brother Josh Duggar awaits trial in his child pornography case.
Jinger, 27, and Vuolo, 33, released a statement on Instagram Tuesday after the network pulled “Counting On” to “give the Duggar family the opportunity to address their situation privately” after 11 seasons on the air.
“We wholeheartedly agree with TLC’s decision not to renew ‘Counting On’ and are excited for the next chapter in our lives,” Jinger wrote. “We’d like to thank our fans, friends and the amazing film crew who have shown us love and support.”
Jinger and Jeremy currently live in Los Angeles with daughters Felicity, 2, and Evangeline, 7 months, and have distanced themselves from her family in recent months.
“We are grateful for TLC giving us the opportunity to be on their network over the years and their kindness towards the Vuolo family,” their statement continued. “It’s been a remarkable journey that has opened doors to traveling and experiencing the world in a way that we wouldn’t have imagined possible.”
Cousin Amy Duggar, who was frequently on “19 Kids and Counting” and occasionally “Counting On,” also weighed in on the cancellation news Tuesday, sharing a series of photos of the family throughout the years.
“@TLC- thank you for the ride🎢 I’ll treasure the memories, always,” she wrote in her Instagram caption. “Also, I stand with the network in this decision!”
Amy, 34, later tagged Jill Duggar and her husband, Derick Dillard, both of whom have been estranged from the family, on her Instagram Story and asked if any of her followers were lawyers like Dillard, 32, is studying to become.
“Once a show is canceled, does that mean that if anyone has signed an NDA, is that canceled as well since there’s no show to protect?” Amy asked, suggesting she wants to speak out further.
“I have a feeling that things are going to get very interesting,” she added.
While Josh, the oldest brother in the family at 33, was not a part of the “Counting On” cast, his pregnant wife, Anna Duggar, and their six children were featured on the show. After Josh’s arrest in April, fans had pushed TLC to cancel all Duggar programming.
“Counting On” premiered on TLC in 2015 as a spinoff series to “19 Kids and Counting,” which starred parents Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar and ran from 2008 to 2015. “19 Kids and Counting” was canceled after news broke that Josh had molested five underage girls — including four of his younger sisters.
Following news of Josh’s most recent arrest this year, TLC said it was “saddened to learn about the continued troubles involving Josh Duggar.”
“’19 Kids and Counting’ has not aired since 2015,” the TV channel’s April statement read. “TLC canceled the show on the heels of prior allegations against Josh Duggar and he has not appeared on-air since then.”
Jinger and Vuolo, for their part, wrote on Instagram at the time that they were “disturbed to hear of the charges against Josh,” who has pleaded not guilty. The pair also condemned “any form of child abuse” in their statement.
Their sentiments echoed those of siblings Jill, 30, Jessa, 28, and Joy-Anna, 23, and parents Jim Bob, 55, and Michelle, 54, who asked for prayers for their family and for the truth to come to light.
Jim Bob and Michelle have yet to publicly respond to the cancellation of “Counting On.”
Share this article:
Source: Read Full Article