Kate Middleton and Prince William video call volunteers from Shout

Glowing Kate Middleton sports a chic updo (and a lockdown tan) as she and Prince William video call volunteers from mental health text service Shout

  • Kate Middleton, 38, joined Prince William, 37, for video call for Shout volunteers
  • Duchess of Cambridge was glowing with a tan highlighted by her chic white top 
  • Couple were marking the first anniversary of mental health text service Shout

Glowing Kate Middleton sported a chic updo and a lockdown tan as she and Prince William video-called volunteers from the mental health text service Shout.

The Duke, 37, and Duchess of Cambridge, 38, joined the call to mark the first anniversary of Shout, the UK’s first 24/7 crisis text line, which they launched last year with Prince Harry, 35, and Meghan Markle, 38. 

The Duchess appeared to be glowing on the call, with an early-summer tan highlighted by her stylish scalloped hemmed white blouse.

During the call, The Duke thanked the five volunteers on the call for their work, saying: ‘You guys are the trailblazers, you have been doing a fantastic job keeping Shout moving forward, so well done and thank you for all your hard work; we really appreciate it.’   

Kate Middleton, 38, and Prince William, 38, spoke with volunteers from the mental health text service Shout via video call on Wednesday 

Speaking over a video call on Wednesday, Prince William and Kate heard from five Crisis Volunteers and the organisation’s Chief Executive, Victoria Hornby, about how Shout has grown. 

The couple are currently isolating with their children Prince George, six, Princess Charlotte, five, and Prince Louis, two, at their Norfolk Home, Anmer Hall. 

The Duchess opted for a natural makeup look for the call, with a touch of lip gloss and a sweep of dark eyeliner across her lids.

Meanwhile the royal swept her hair into a stylish up-do, revealing her set of Catherine Zoraidia gold leaf earrings.  

In a video clip released from the call, the couple chat with volunteers about how the lockdown has impacted the mental health of NHS workers 

The couple spoke about how Shout is playing a vital role as the country continues to deal with the impact of coronavirus and how work on the frontline is affecting health and care staff as well as emergency responders and other key workers. 

The volunteers also spoke about how lockdown has impacted young people’s mental wellbeing, including how many are finding it harder to access their usual ways of maintaining good mental health but the difference a supportive text conversation can make. 

The service is powered by a team of more than 1,800 trained volunteers who stand ready to speak to anyone at all times of the day and is free on all major mobile networks. 

In the past year, it has had 300,000 text conversations, two thirds of which have been with people aged 25 or under.  

The Duchess appeared glowing on the call, with her scalloped white top highlighting her early-summer tan

Shout CEO, Victoria Hornby, who also joined the call said: ‘In twelve months Shout has become a vital service for thousands of people across the UK who are able to text our volunteers for support, wherever and whenever they need it. 

‘The fact that Shout has been able to quickly start to help so many people move from a crisis point to a calmer place is down to the skill and dedication of our volunteers and the support we have had from the Royal Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and our other partners. 

‘We have seen during the COVID-19 lockdown how young people find it incredibly useful to have a neutral person to listen confidentially to their worries and give independent support, we now want even more people to text 85258, whatever their crisis.’

Crisis Volunteer, Alexis Caught, said: ‘The unique support that Shout is able to provide to people in crisis is crucial at all times, but now more than ever it can serve as a lifeline to those most in need – whatever they’re going through, big or small. 

The Duke and Duchess  spoke with volunteers about the significance of reaching out for support for NHS workers 

‘Without the hundreds of volunteers who give up their time to provide help and reassurance to others, the service simply wouldn’t be able to function. 

‘That is why it was so great to hear The Duke and Duchess speak so positively not only about Shout’s work but also encouraging people to get support with their mental health. 

‘We want to send a very clear message to anyone who is looking for someone to reach out to – we are here to listen to you anytime, anywhere about any problem.”

Last month, Shout joined forces with leading mental health charities Mind, Samaritans and Hospice UK to create Our Frontline, a new initiative supported by the Royal Foundation, which provides round the clock mental health and bereavement support to frontline staff and key workers. 

Prince William and Kate launched the volunteer service in June last year, and attended a celebration event for volunteers in London in November

This is one of 30 partnerships Shout has formed, enabling charities, local authorities, employers and universities to provide the service to those in need of support. 

To raise awareness of the invaluable support that Shout provides, the organisation is today launching a new campaign to promote the text number. 

The #Shout85258 challenge will see a host of people forming the shape of the 85258 text number with their hands to create videos to upload on to social media platforms.

To kick off the campaign, one of the Shout Crisis Volunteers who joined the call with The Duke and Duchess, will take over KensingtonRoyal’s Instagram stories tomorrow  with unique content including Q&As and videos from volunteers and others, marking the first time that KensingtonRoyal has partnered with another organisation in this way.

The mental health text service was launched by Kate and Will alongside Prince Harry and Meghan as a joint project 

Kate and Meghan have both been praised in the past for their dedication to the joint charity venture which they set up with their husbands last year.   

Nancy Lublin, the founder of Crisis Text Line in the US, who sits on the board of the UK charity, told Town & Country in November that the duchesses have been ‘four times to the offices, without anyone knowing’.

At the organisation’s opening last June, William and Kate, alongside the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, appealed to the public to give their time to the charity. 

It is unclear if the pair went together for any of their unannounced trips, or with their husbands.  

The video call comes days after a staff member for Crisis Text Line in the US revealed Prince Harry and Meghan had joined their staff meeting

The news comes after Prince Harry and Meghan spoke with mental health workers for the US alternative of the charity, which is called the Crisis Text Line. 

Ricky Neal, who works for Crisis Text Line in Atlanta, took to social media on Thursday to share a photo of a staff Zoom call where the duke and duchess were royal guests.

‘It’s not everyday that Meghan and Harry jump into your staff meeting & champion the work you do! Blessed to still be working during these crazy times!’ he said in an Instagram post.

Source: Read Full Article