Prince Harry, Duchess Meghan planning home birth? More news
Duchess Meghan, Prince Harry will reportedly welcome baby No. 2 at home
When Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan welcomed their first child, Archie, in May 2019, Meghan gave birth at Portland Hospital in London. Two years later, the Sussexes have relocated to California and are expecting baby No. 2. According to Page Six, they plan to welcome their daughter at home in Montecito. Sources previously told the outlet Meghan hoped to have Archie at home at Frogmore Cottage. He arrived days after his due date, though, which necessitated a hospital birth. “In the end, her doctors advised her to go to hospital and all she was interested in was about delivering Archie safely,” a source tells the tab. “But she has a beautiful home in California, it’s a beautiful setting to give birth to her baby girl.” Meghan, 39, and Harry, 36, confirmed in their explosive Oprah Winfrey sit-down that they would be having a girl. They also revealed Meghan is due this summer.
RELATED: ‘The Crown’ casts a new Prince Charles, more March royals news ICYMI
Harry Styles to star in Gucci’s upcoming Beloved campaign
It’s been two whole weeks since Harry Styles graced our eyeballs with his all-Gucci Grammy Awards ensembles, including the black leather suit and green boa getup he performed in. Luckily, we won’t have to wait too much longer for our next Harry-meets-Gucci fashion moment. Elle reports the singer/Gucci superfan is set to appear in the Italian fashion house’s upcoming Beloved campaign, a celebration of its luxury bags in honor of Gucci’s upcoming centennial anniversary. Sneak peeks show Harry — along with Gucci campaign first-timers Diane Keaton, Serena Williams, Awkwafina and James Corden — posing for a series of bold colored portraits shot by photographer and filmmaker Harmony Korine. Dakota Johnson and Sienna Miller also appear in the ads, which zone in on four classic Gucci bags: the Jackie 1961, the Horsebit 1955, the Dionysus, and the Marmont. The campaign launches April 22.
RELATED: Stars at their first Grammy Awards
Jason Derulo, Jena Frumes reveal sex of baby-to-be
Following their recent baby news, Jason Derulo and Jena Frumes revealed the sex of their first child this week, sharing video from their reveal party in the Bahamas on Instagram. In a clip on Jason’s page, the excited couple is dressed in blue and pink as friends and family help them celebrate with balloons, plenty of dancing and a fireworks display that ultimately bares the final clue. “It’s blue!” Jason hollers as the fireworks display comes to an end. “It’s a boy!” he yells. Jason and Jena became an item in 2020 just before the coronavirus pandemic sent the world into lockdown mode. Congrats!
RELATED: See which celebs have gotten their COVID-19 vaccines
Bethenny Frankel gushes about ‘wonderful’ engagement
Bethenny Frankel is “excited” to move forward in both her love life and career. The “Real Housewives of New York City” alum recently got engaged to Paul Bernon after dating the Boston-based real estate developer and film producer on and off since 2018. Asked about the engagement, she told “Extra” this week, “I’m very excited, and it’s really wonderful,” though she admitted the couple has yet to determine where they’ll tie the knot. “I’m not sure. I mean, I love New York …,” she said. One thing she is sure of?Her “Real Housewives” tenure is over for good. “I don’t really believe in going backwards,” the Skinnygirl creator explained. “I don’t want to go back on ‘Housewives.’ It’s not where I am right now. I respect that I came from there … I’m moving forward. I’m launching my own show on HBO MAX, ‘The Big Shot with Bethenny,’ and my podcast ‘B with Bethenny’ has a big announcement coming this week,” she continued. “Leaving the show was something that I just, in my gut, I thought I should do.” In addition to her media projects, Bethenny continues to run her disaster aid charity, B Strong, which she said is currently providing relief efforts in Alabama after the latest round of devastating weather tore through sections of the South. The former reality star was previously married to Jason Hoppy; People confirmed earlier this month that they’d finalized their divorce eight years after Bethanny filed to end the marriage.
Seth Rogen apologizes to Emma Watson, clarifies remarks about ‘This Is The End’
Seth Rogen is setting the record straight on a rumor he discussed with British GQ for the magazine’s latest cover feature. “I want to correct a story that has emerged from a recent interview I gave,” Seth tweeted on Monday. “It misrepresents what actually happened. Emma Watson did not ‘storm off the set’ [of ‘This Is the End’],” and it’s s—– that the perception is that she did.” He was referring to a segment of the GQ piece where he responds to the writer’s question about what went down on the set of 2013’s “This Is the End,” which Seth co-directed, co-wrote and starred in. (To be fair, it’s the writer, not Seth, who uses the words “stormed off,” but once Seth confirmed she had decided not to do the scene, rehashes of the article used the writer’s wording.) “The scene,” he explained in the lengthy tweet, “was not what was originally scripted, it was getting improvised, changed drastically and was not what she agreed to. The narrative that she was in some way uncool or unprofessional is complete b——-,” he wrote. He then shouldered the blame for any confusion, telling followers, “I for sure should have communicated better and because I didn’t, she was put in an uncomfortable position.” He said that what actually happened was the two “spoke on the night” the scene went a different direction and agreed she would bow out. “It was overall a s—– situation and it must have been hard for her to say something and I’m very happy and impressed that she did,” he added. “I was thrilled for the opportunity to work with her and would be thrilled to get that opportunity again. I am very sorry and disappointed it happened, and I wish I had done more to prevent it.” Speaking to GQ, Seth conceded that Emma “was probably right” about the scene.
Pharrell calls for ‘transparency’ following cousin’s death in police shooting
Pharrell Williams and the NAACP are demanding “transparency” after Pharrell’s cousin, Donovan Lynch, was shot and killed by a police officer in his hometown of Virginia Beach on Friday. The incident occurred as local officers responded to three separate shootings that left two people dead and eight more injured, according to CNN. The officer who shot Pharrell’s 25-year-old cousin did not have his body camera turned on at the time, the local police chief said at a press conference the day after the shootings. Two officers have claimed Donovan, who is Black, had a gun at the time he was shot, an assertion protesters have denied, according to the Virginian Pilot. “The loss of these lives is a tragedy beyond measure,” Pharrell tweeted on Monday. “My cousin Donovon was killed during the shootings. It is critical my family and the other victims’ families get the transparency they deserve. VA Beach is the epitome of hope and we will get through this.” A statement from the Virginia Beach NAACP chapter echoed Pharrell’s call for accountability on the part of the police. “We are not surprised of the revelation that the body camera of the officer involved in the death of Mr. Lynch was not activated,” the organization wrote in a statement obtained by Today.com Monday. “Disciplinary actions surrounding an officer misconduct shot not be withheld from the public under the pretext ‘it’s a personnel issue.’ This has been the case in the past. Transparency of police disciplinary is required now.” The officer who reportedly shot Donovan has been placed on administrative assignment amid a pending criminal investigation, according to CNN.
Jennifer Love Hewitt recalls ‘inappropriate’ body questions when she was a teen
At 42, Jennifer Love Hewitt still can’t believe how she was spoken to — and ogled — by the press early on in her career, which began when she was a teenager and started to take off in her early 20s with “Party of Five.” In a new interview with Vulture, the actress says she recently watched the controversial new documentary, “Framing Britney Spears,” and some of it hit pretty close to home. “… There’s that whole section in there, talking about her breasts … At the time that I was going through it, and interviewers were asking what now would be incredibly inappropriate, gross things, it didn’t feel that way,” she recalls. In 1997’s “I Know What You Did Last Summer,” for example, Jennifer says that even though she “was in barely any clothing the whole movie … for some reason, in my brain, I was able to just go, ‘OK, well, I guess they wouldn’t be asking if it was inappropriate.'” That’s no longer how she sees the situation today, “as a 42-year-old woman with a daughter,” she says. “I definitely look back on it and go, ‘Ew,'” the actress admits. “At a press junket for ‘I Know …’ or ‘I Still Know What You Did Last Summer,’ I remember purposely wearing a T-shirt that said ‘Silicone Free’ on it because I was so annoyed, and I knew something about boobs was gonna be the first question out of [the reporters’] mouths. I was really tired of that conversation.” And yet, the conversation continued. Reflecting on 2001’s “Heartbreakers,” she says she was “disappointed” that the press she did, “was all about body stuff, because I had really worked hard in that movie to do a good job as an actress.” Looking back, she says she wishes she had understood just how “inappropriate” those lines of questioning were, “so I could have defended myself somehow or just not answered those questions.” Instead, she “laughed it off” or prepared to spend the first chunk of an interview discussing her body, while hoping the reporter would later “ask me something else.” Looking ahead, she says she’s “grateful that we’re in a time where, hopefully, that narrative is going to change for young girls who are coming up now, and they won’t have to have those conversations.”
BTS releases statement on Asian violence, hate speech
Like Megan Thee Stallion, Olivia Munn and more celebrities, BTS is speaking out in solidarity with the Asian American and Pacific Islander community amid an ongoing surge of violence and hate speech in the U.S. On Monday night, the South Korean pop ensemble posted a statement on their social media accounts, sharing their “deepest condolences to those who have lost their loved ones,” presumably in attacks like this month’s shootings at spas in Atlanta. “We feel grief and anger,” the singers said in their statement. “We recall moments when we faced discrimination as Asians. We have endured expletives without reason and were mocked for the way we look. We were even asked why Asians spoke in English,” they continued. “We cannot put into words the pain of becoming the subject of hatred and violence for such a reason. Our own experiences are inconsequential compared to the events that have occurred over the past few weeks. But these experiences were enough to make us feel powerless and chip away our self-esteem. What is happening right now cannot be dissociated from our identity as Asians,” the group asserted. “It required considerable time for us to discuss this carefully and we contemplated deeply on how we should voice our message. But what our voice must convey is clear. We stand against racial discrimination. We condemn violence. You, I and we all have the right to be respected. We will stand together.” The Hollywood Reporter notes BTS and their Big Hit Entertainment label donated $1 million to organizations connected to Black Lives Matter last June following the killings of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor and other Black Americans at the hands of police. Their fans went on to raise “millions” more for the cause, according to THR.
Miranda Lambert reveals a memorable ‘special moment’ she shared with ex, Blake Shelton
Miranda Lambert’s said her 2015 split from Blake Shelton was difficult and painful. But she still has positive memories about their years together, especially one “special moment” when she was able to be part of a “healing” process for her ex. Speaking to singer-songwriter and podcast host Kelleigh Bannen for Apple Music’s “Essentials Radio,” Miranda revealed the backstory behind “Over You,” the song she co-wrote with Blake about the death of his older brother, Richie, when Blake was 14. “My ex-husband, Blake, had lost a brother and it’s one of those moments where even if you’re married to someone, sometimes you find something new about them,” Miranda explained, according to Today.com. “Dudes don’t open up about things but he started telling me about the experience of it all.” She wondered why Blake hadn’t channeled the pain into his music, and was told what Blake’s dad had apparently told him: “You don’t get over it. You just get used to it.” Miranda then asked, “… Could we write it? Do you want to try or is that invasive? I would never try to write your story because I didn’t live it, but maybe I could help because I’m an outside perspective but I feel your pain talking to me right now.'” The result was “Over You,” which later won Song of the Year at the ACM and CMA Awards for the pair. “It was really a special moment, and I’m so glad we shared that song and that it helped his family heal,” Miranda concluded.
Source: Read Full Article