Queen Elizabeths death will raise big questions, BBC legend Tessa Dunlop states

Royal family are helping keep Queen Elizabeth young says expert

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Queen Elizabeth II, 95, has recently cancelled some of her engagements due to being told to slow her busy schedule down by health professionals, and this has left many people feeling concerned over the state of her well being, as she turns 96 next year. Dr Tessa Dunlop has shared how the monarch’s death could raise “big questions” over the future of the Royal Family.

Over the past year, the royals have weathered many storms including revelations of discrimination made by Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, along with accusations of sexual misconduct against Prince Andrew.

Although Prince Andrew has vehemently denied these claims.

Speaking on how the negativity of these stories could affect the monarchy, Dr Dunlop said: “I don’t think that Prince Andrew stuff will be helping a lot at the moment. And of course, Harry and Megan kind of undermined our family, in terms of the messaging.

“Yeah, but these things, you know, the institution is bigger, arguably, than individuals, and I think it will endure. 

“But I think there are big questions after the Queen dies,” she added.

Queen Elizabeth spent a night in hospital on October 22 for preliminary medical checks and shortly returned back to her home at Windsor Castle.

However, her overnight stay sparked concern amongst royal watchers and supporters, as they feared for the state of her health.

The Queen also cancelled a visit to Northern Ireland three weeks ago.

She was given medical advice to rest for a few days after a busy schedule of public engagements.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson said: “Everybody sends Her Majesty our very very best wishes”.

He added he was “given to understand that actually, Her Majesty is characteristically back at her desk at Windsor as we speak”.

In a statement, Buckingham Palace said at the time: “Following medical advice to rest for a few days, the Queen attended hospital on Wednesday afternoon for some preliminary investigations, returning to Windsor Castle at lunchtime today, and remains in good spirits.”

However, despite this statement, the Queen was absent again on Sunday when she was due to appear at the Cenotaph for a Remembrance ceremony.

DONT MISS:
Jeremy Clarkson concerned after suffering ‘awful accident’ on farm (PHOTOS)
Nick Knowles says Rhod Gilbert just ‘stepping in’ on DIY SOS (NEWS)
Lady Gaga’s House of Gucci accent criticised by film’s dialect coach (LATEST)

Buckingham Palace said the monarch was “disappointed” not to attend the event.

The palace previously said it was the Queen’s “firm intention” to attend the service, after taking time away from her duties for health reasons.

She made the decision to miss the event “with great regret” in the morning, a statement said.

As in previous years, a wreath was laid on her behalf by the Prince of Wales.

The Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, the Earl and Countess of Wessex and The Princess Royal still attended as planned.

Royal expert Jonny Dymond said the Queen’s absence was a “blow” as many had hoped to see her. 

He shared: “This is a blow. A blow to those gathered here on Whitehall on a grey November morning, a blow to the many who had hoped to see the Queen after a fortnight of rest, and without doubt a blow to the Queen herself – Remembrance Sunday is when she, who has devoted her life to service, pays her tribute to those who served.

“It is, as one palace official puts it, ‘incredibly unfortunate timing’.”

Source: Read Full Article