Queen holds weekly phone call with Boris Johnson as she undertakes light duties amid Covid-19
The Queen has held her weekly audience with Boris Johnson over the phone, after previously cancelling her virtual duties due to suffering from mild "cold-like" Covid-19 symptoms.
Buckingham Palace revealed that the 95 year old Queen had spoken with the prime minister over the phone on Wednesday evening after cancelling her planned engagements on Tuesday.
The Queen, who is triple-jabbed, is being monitored by her physician Professor Sir Huw Thomas who is head of the Medical Household.
"She will continue to receive medical attention and will follow all the appropriate guidelines", a statement from the Palace said as they announced she had tested positive for coronavirus.
It was previously announced the Queen is experiencing "mild cold-like symptoms", however would continue to carry out "light duties".
A statement from the Palace read: "As Her Majesty is still experiencing mild cold-like symptoms she has decided not to undertake her planned virtual engagements today, but will continue with light duties."
The Palace previously confirmed that she had tested positive for coronavirus on 20 February.
Her majesty has received the vaccine having had her first jab in January 2021 and her second jab in March, while sources say it is believed she had the booster jab last October.
She’s been in good spirits this year, but caused worry whenshe admitted to feeling frail while clutching her walking stick during a recent engagement.
While speaking in the Oak Room at Windsor Castle, Her Majesty told incoming Defence Services Secretary Major General Eldon Millar and his predecessor Rear Admiral James Macleod: “As you can see, I can't move.”
It comes after Prince Charles tested positive earlier this month and Queen Elizabeth's health has been closely "monitored" since.
Charles was forced to cancel engagements as a result of testing positive for coronavirus for a second time.
Clarence House told the public on Twitter that Charles is "deeply disappointed" to have to cancel a full day schedule of engagements, but is hopeful to emerge from isolation as soon as possible.
"This morning The Prince of Wales has tested positive for COVID-19 and is now self-isolating," the tweet read.
"HRH is deeply disappointed not to be able to attend today's events in Winchester and will look to reschedule his visit as soon as possible."
For all your updates on the Queen and the Royal Family, sign up to our daily OK! Newsletter.
Source: Read Full Article