Richard Madeley rules out taking useless Im A Celebrity advice from son-in-law James

I'm A Celeb: Richard Madeley hints at 'clash' with campmates

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Richard Madeley has signed up for this year’s I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!, two years after his son-in-law James Haskell, 36, took part. Before he heads into camp, the 65-year-old was asked whether his daughter Chloe’s spouse gave him any advice about the show.

He said: “James hasn’t given me any advice, because as he pointed out, it would be useless.

“It will be a different camp, and I plan to just take each day as it comes.”

The rugby star took part on the show when it was still based in Australia.

Due to ongoing travel restrictions, this year’s series will be aired from Wales’ Gwrych Castle.

On how he thinks he’ll do in camp, Richard said he’ll be the “cook and the interviewer”.

He added: “I will ask questions in camp. Unless you are curious, you don’t learn about people.

“I love finding out about people’s lives.”

On what he won’t cope well with on the show, he revealed his phobia is heights.

He added: “I’m not sure how I will feel if I have to walk across a plank very high up!”

Richard’s daughter has said it will be “very funny” to watch her dad on the show.

She previously expressed her concerns for James in the camp after noticing his weight loss.

The sportsman had told his campmates he felt like he was “wasting away” after going from a 4,000 calorie a day diet to just 700 eating rice ane beans in the jungle.

DON’T MISS…
‘Start with your fork-tongued missus’ Piers Morgan blasts Prince Harry [REVEALED]
Jeremy Clarkson concerned after suffering ‘awful accident’ on farm [REACTION]
Miriam Margoyles tells host Steph McGovern ‘you’re not beautiful’ [WATCH]

Taking to Instagram, Chloe admitted watching his figure shrinking was “scary” to witness.

After leaving the show, he told hosts Ant and Dec: “I never thought I would look at a menu and choose crocodile feet. We’re still only getting 700 calories per day.

“We’re slowly wasting away, but wasting away with dignity!”

Last week, he said he thinks his father-in-law will do “amazing” in the castle.

2021 camp mates are currently self-isolating ahead of the show’s debut this weekend.

Other celebrities up for the challenge are; Arlene Phillips, Frankie Bridge, David Ginola, Matty Lee, Naughty Boy, Kadeena Cox, Danny Miller and Snoochie Shy.

Rumoured celebrities to join the camp at a later date include Adam Woodyatt and Simon Gregson.

I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! kicks off Sunday at 9pm on ITV.

Source: Read Full Article