Sharon Osbourne ‘off-air for another week’ after defending pal Piers Morgan

Sharon Osbourne's show The Talk has suffered another week off the air after she defended close pal Piers Morgan on the programme.

The 68-year-old entered into a heated dispute with her co-host Sheryl Underwood following the bombshell interview with Meghan Markle that lead to controversy across the globe, dividing millions in the process.

Mrs O's fiery discussion saw her become angry as she wiped tears from her face after she'd felt she'd been accused of racism when defending chum Piers.

Ozzy's wife now accepts that her hosting job lies in the balance but isn't sure if she'd like to stay on the show anyway.

Sharon became furious with CBS producers and later claimed that she had been "set up" in taking the plunge on live TV.

According to Deadline, it was reported that the chatty programme would "remain dark" until at least next week, however, a return date is yet to be ironed out, sources claim.

Since the on-air war of words, CBS has launched an investigation after a number of very serious allegations were put forward to allege that the former X Factor judge had been racially insensitive towards people on the show.

One of the reality TV star's co-host's Holly Robinson Peete claimed that Sharon had said she was "too ghetto" to have a seat on the programme.

Sharon continues to strongly deny all allegations of racism and even issued a statement of apology explaining that she "panicked, felt blindsided and got defensive" during her exchange with Underwood.

She said: "After some reflection, after sitting with your comments & sitting with my heart I would like to address the discussion on The Talk this past Wednesday. I have always been embraced with so much love & support from the black community & I have deep respect & love for the black community."

Sharon went on: "To anyone of colour that I offended and/or to anyone that feels confused or let down by what I said, I am truly sorry.

"I panicked, felt blindsided, got defensive and allowed my fear & horror of being accused of being racist take over."

CBS followed up with a separate statement confirming their views and position.

It read: "CBS is committed to a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace across all of our productions.

"We're also very mindful of the important concerns expressed and discussions taking place regarding events on ‘The Talk.' This includes a process where all voices are heard, claims are investigated and appropriate action is taken where necessary."

Source: Read Full Article