The Wanted’s Max George pulls out of The Games promo after Tom Parker’s death

The Wanted’s Max George has reportedly pulled out of the new ITV programme The Games' promo events after the tragic death of his friend and bandmate Tom Parker.

Last month, Tom passed away aged just 33 after a battle with stage four glioblastoma.

Max, also 33 years old, is said to have withdrawn “last minute” from the press day for the new show because he “isn’t in a good space following Tom’s death”.

The Games will see 12 celebrity competitors battle it out in the athletics arena, the swimming pool, gymnasium and velodrome.

A source told The Sun: “He has been finding it tough to talk and although there were no questions allowed about Tom, Max felt he wasn’t strong enough to face a lot of people."

They added: “Tom’s death has hit him very hard and he is working through his grief with the support of everyone at The Games.

“He has told bosses he is determined to compete and give it his all on the live shows, he will be competing in Tom’s honour and will be pushing himself to his limit for him.”

The pair had reunited The Wanted for one final tour before Tom sadly passed away last month from an inoperable brain tumour.

For more of the latest showbiz news from Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here .

Tom’s funeral took place on April 20 with Max, among the group that carried Tom’s coffin into the church, which included bandmates Siva Kaneswaran, Jay McGuiness and Nathan Sykes.

He opened up about the send-off on Instagram and shared that he felt honoured to have been able to support Tom in such a special way.

He wrote: “Good night beautiful boy. I will always think of you. Thanks for making my life so much better than I could ever have hoped for. Carrying you was an honour.

“You have carried me so many times over the last 12 years. I love you Tom. See you up there brother.”

ITV’s The Games will begin on May 9 at 9pm on ITV and ITV Hub and will be hosted by Holly Willoughby.

Source: Read Full Article