GMB’s Ed Balls breaks down in tears during emotional chat with Gareth Gates about stammer
Good Morning Britain presenter Ed Balls broke down in tears live on TV on Wednesday morning.
The 56 year old GMB host couldn't hold back his emotions as he and former Pop Idol star Gareth Gates discussed their own experiences with a stammer.
Gareth, 39, has famously suffered with the speech impediment since childhood, with it being a big part of his storyline on the now-defunct talent show, Pop Idol, in 2002.
Ed was seen breaking down in tears as he identified with Gareth, having himself suffered with a stammer.
He said: "You inspired me. I thought if Gareth Gates can do this then I can. You're a role model for me now."
Ed went on to say that Gareth being publicly open about his stammer also helped him to be open about his own.
"It was really hard, but I did it because you showed me how to do it," a teary-eyed Ed told Gareth.
The singer thanked the GMB presenter and said it "meant a lot" that he'd managed to inspire him.
Ed then broke down in tears with him and Gareth sharing a hug, as Ed's co-host Susanna Reid said they had "nothing to be ashamed of".
Please check back regularly for the latest on this developing story as it is updated in real time here.
From inside celeb homes to weddings, fashion and beauty, get the latest on the stories that matter to you by following OK! every time you see our name.
- Follow OK! on Instagram – CLICK HERE
- Join our 2m followers on Facebook – CLICK HERE
- View exclusive inside homes, weddings and BTS photoshoots on YouTube – CLICK HERE
- Follow OK! on TikTok – CLICK HERE
- Download our free OK! app to get priority access to our content – celebrities at home, star-studded weddings, BTS photoshoots, fashion and breaking celebrity news – CLICK HERE for Apple and CLICK HERE for Android
Source: Read Full Article